Update added by user Apr 07
In the few minutes it took to park my vehicle, walk to area of the back gate, took the photos, walked back to my vehicle, I counted 12 passenger style vehicles combined in entering/exiting IslandWalk in the West Villages. It was approximately 10:30AM on a weekday.
Original review posted by user Apr 05
The entrance is somewhat impressive with a gate house manned 24 hours, and two sets of gates to give the impression of serious resident security considerations presented to potential home buyers at IslandWalk at the West Villages, in Venice - North Port, Florida, built by Pulte Home Corporation – PulteGroup and its subsidiary DiVOSTA in its sales presentations.However, what you see, and what you may hear in the Sales office is not reality.
Simply, if you don’t care to go through security, then you only need to drive 2 miles south on Route 41 to West Villages Parkway and come into IslandWalk at the West Villages via its back gate which is left open and unattended 6 days a week, 11 hours each day. There have been, and continues to be, multiple queries and requests by IslandWalk at the West Villages homeowners about placing a security guard at the back gate during its open hours, more so after several burglaries occurred, to no avail. DiVOSTA – Pulte Home Corporation - PulteGroup responded by installing a “security” camera, a minimal after the event posture instead of being pro-active as their main gate security presentation suggests to the unknowing eye. It’s not unusual there’s only one guard on duty at the main entrance, therefore there’s no realistic active monitoring of the security camera images, and even if there was, there’s no identifying method to determine if a vehicle is or is not an IslandWalk at the West Villages resident’s.
If, for instance, a burglary occurred but when it did is not known which is not unusual in a mixed full time/seasonal community, there isn’t a viable method for law enforcement to enhance its investigation of the event via security camera images.
Money can’t be the issue as this longstanding open back gate condition began years before DiVOSTA – Pulte Home Corporation – PulteGroup installed a second set of gates at the main entrance, and built an extensive “clock” tower/water fountain/floral addition at the main entrance within the past year (2015).DiVOSTA – Pulte Home Corporation – PulteGroup image is important, security isn’t.
More Review Details
What I liked
- Islandwalk being in venice area
- Grounds generally well kept
What I disliked
- Inordinate delays in fixing safety issues
- Failure to address sound absorption in hoa and new event center
- In hoa and new event center
- Pool area closing at sunset when
- Other activities allowed until 10pm
- Reason of review:
- Refusal to provide maned security at entrance to resident community
- Preferred solution:
- Man the "back gate" when gate currently found opened
- Product or service
- Islandwalk At The West Villages
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "We moved in 11 April 2014. LOVED our house although there were several things that were mentioned at our punch list that were flat out ignored (still, to this day..."
- "AHP is wonderful at first. The office managed even took me out for beers and to discuss the house. All of that congeniality changed when we actually begin..."
- "I placed nearly 5K down in form of check that was cashed 2 days later on vinyl siding job promised to be done by Christmas. Cash down was expected in..."
- "Bought a coat. Very inexpensive. When I received it now I know why. When I zipped up the coat the zipper would not go back down. Very cheaply made...."
- "After a really bad change over we were going to switch to anther company. I started an online chat with Frontier to find out what my termination fee would..."
- "I ordered a trailer hitch, ball and wiring system all in one combo on Monday the 17th from etrailer.com. My card was charged immediately. They sent me an email 3..."
- "Had. Went. To. Da. Family. ..."
- "I spent $161.92 for a 'deluxe' sugar and sweet bouquet and everyone's favorite candy basket with all the up charges to be delivered for my daughters sweet 16th birthday. It..."
- " Today 10/25/2016 we went into the Chili's in Arroyo Grande California and waited for 15 to 20 minutes to be seated we were never acknowledged or never approached. ..."